Do you want to get into electric surfing? Not sure how to go about it? Does that scare you a little? Do not panic, we will give you all the necessary advice so that you can easily get there. Ready to learn more about it? It’s here that it happens !
Know how to control the speed and power of your electric board
When you are new to electric surfing, first consider following our water sports safety tips . Indeed, you must always remain in control of the board and not let yourself be carried away by it. But there’s nothing complicated about it: in fact, you just have to use the Bluetooth remote control that you should always have with you. Also, it is necessary to take into account the different models of boards. For each level of surfing there will be a suitable model, do not hesitate to ask our team for advice to find out which model will suit you best.
Adopt the right gestures from your first experience of electric surfing
You may not know it, but to practice this type of sport, it is really important to adopt the right gestures, from your first surfing experience. Here is a small list of advice that we can give you to make your experience go for the best:
- Check the connections of your electric board carefully.
- When you are on the water, it is obvious that you are not going to open the board or change the battery of the latter. You need to do this once you’re dry, but also once your board is dry.
Of course, at the beginning, you will need a monitor. At Custom Motors we will give you all the safety instructions you need to have.
To start, you have to choose a spacious environment!
When you are going to ride, for the first time, on an electric board, it is really important to choose a spacious environment. Note also that for your safety, but also that of others, it is preferable to reserve a space of at least 100 meters between you and the other athletes. So, in case of trouble, you do not risk colliding with another person and you will therefore avoid many accidents.
It is important to pay attention to the various obstacles that may be in your way. Indeed, shallow reefs, jetties, debris or even sandbars can be really dangerous.
Know how to understand the electric board step by step!
When you start electric surfing, it is really important to correctly understand the board in question. Here’s what you need to remember:
- Before activating the motor, you will have to lie down on the board, arms forward. – First start with a low speed. This will allow you to understand the board and master it little by little.
- Once you feel ready, you will need to kneel on the board. Don’t be in a hurry. Once on your knees, the board will stabilize at 15 km/h.
- At this point, you can easily stand up. You will need to take the time to get up.
Learn how to fall in electric surf to avoid injuries!
If you want to avoid injuries, it is really important to learn how to fall in electric surfing. Here are some tips that should definitely help you deal with falls:
- If you feel that you are losing your balance, it is important to fall to the side in order to avoid your board subject to inertia and therefore still in motion even when the engine is switched off.
- When you approach an obstacle, the ideal is to anticipate it and go around it if it is not possible, reduce your speed and position yourself on your knees on your board until you come to a complete stop if necessary. To leave, you will have to be correctly installed on the board.
As you can see, electric surfing can really give you great sensations. We, at Custom Motors France, are committed to offering you the best possible service. We are looking forward to receiving your inquiries and, should there be any questions regarding our products, contact the team anytime and do not hesitate to ask away!
You can also drop by our premises, located at 331 Dr Julien Lefebvre Avenue, 06270 Villeneuve-Loubet