The wintering of our Watertoys during the winter
The winter period is fast approaching, it’s time to prepare your machine for hibernation.
Often carried out during the All Saints’ Day holidays – at the end of October – wintering consists of taking your Water Toys out of the water to store them during the winter period. This step is very important to then facilitate the arrival of the summer period.
Why ? Because it’s a perfect opportunity to carry out a major cleaning in order to prepare for the release of the Watertoys for the spring.
Want to learn how to do it right? Know how the maintenance of these machines works?
So follow our advice!
Preparing our Watertoys for wintering
The best solution available to you, by far, is to take advantage of the transport capacities of your gear and water toys to get them out of the water and store them on land during the winter.
Yet storing them, you’ll see, isn’t as easy as it looks. In this article, we bring you our advice for preparing the correct storage and maintenance of your nautical gear and other Watertoys during winter storage.
If it is better to contact a nautical professional for its wintering, a few steps are easy to carry out and essential:
- Thermal Engine: It is necessary to either empty the petrol tank, fill it to the brim or put a stabilizer in the petrol so that it does not rot during the winter.
- Rinse entire gear with fresh water to remove sand and dirt residue to prevent staining.
- Drain any water from the engine before storing, by tilting your jet ski on the trailer during transport for example. To remove residual water from the engine, start it at 20 to 30 second intervals, while applying throttle.
- Electric motor: Disconnect the batteries, store them in a dry place and at room temperature keep a percentage between 30% and 80% check regularly that the battery does not fall below 30%.
- Thoroughly rinse electric toys in a basin of water or a swimming pool, for example.
Maintenance is essential for long-lasting equipment
Preparing for the wintering, maintenance and storage of your Jet Skis and other water toys may seem complex and time-consuming. Many people don’t have the time, the inclination, or even the appropriate space available.
If you are concerned about maintaining your Fliteboard , contacting a specialized technician can then prove to be more than useful, in addition to getting rid of an often significant weight.
Just two minutes from the Villeneuve-Loubet Marina, our warehouse is at your entire disposal. Maintenance and storage included, leave with us with peace of mind, spend the end-of-year celebrations worry-free and get into the water off the Côte d’Azur from the next summer holidays.
As you will have understood, if you have nautical equipment and you do not know how to keep it safe during this period, do not hesitate to contact Custom Motors. We also take care of your equipment during the winter season.
We, at Custom Motors France, are committed to offering you the best possible service. We are looking forward to receiving your inquiries and, should there be any questions regarding our products, contact the team anytime and do not hesitate to ask away!
You can also drop by our premises, located at 331 Dr Julien Lefebvre Avenue, 06270 Villeneuve-Loubet